For the Norient exhibition «Seismographic Sounds – Visions of a New World» the Sri Lanka-based musician and label owner Isuru Kumarasinghe compiled an experimental music mixtape with sounds from mainly Asia.
Being a part of the Sri Lankan underground art scene as an experimental musician, visual/sonic and sound artist, Isuru Kumarasinghe has also done several sound performances. He is currently a part of the Music Matters collective and is co-organizing the Music Matters festival which presents non mainstream/experimental music in Colombo.
1. Mirror #4 – Magic Love Mirrors – Isaac Smith (New Zealand, Sri Lanka), Rosie Langabeer (New Zealand), Kei Watanabe (Sri Lanka, Japan), Isuru Kumarasinghe (Sri Lanka)
2. 2011 – Daffy Maestro aka Gihan Senevirathne (Sri Lanka)
3. Truly Sorry, Trudy (part 1+2) – Borey Shin (USA, Korea)
4. Clarinet And Trickle – Middle Cove, Sydney Harbour – Reuban Derrick (New Zealand)
5. Untitled# 2 – Moss Garden aka Sarani Perera (Sri Lanka)
The mixtape was presented at the exhibition Seismographic Sounds.
More Mixes from Seismographic Sounds